[Python-3000] Builtin iterator type

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 14 20:44:06 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, George Sakkis <george.sakkis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/06, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:

> > (3)  IterMixin would be the only mixin exposed as a builtin -- the
> > other mixins must be imported.  The builtin type factories are
> > typically the stripped down versions.
>
> That problem is solved if we boost up the existing iter() builtin.
>
> George

And for those objecting to touching the existing iter() or bloating
the builtin namespace with yet another builtin, let me mention that we
can get rid of *two* existing functions which for some reason were
promoted to builtin status, although they conceptually belong in
itertools: enumerate and reversed.

George