[Python-3000] A plea for anonymous functions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 16 11:22:52 CET 2006

Ivan Krstić wrote:

> That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is "we absolutely must have
> full support for anonblocks to be able to do this *elegantly*", i.e.
> while avoiding special-cased solutions.

As I've tried to say several times in my other posts in this thread,
from a theoretical computer science perspective, Python's all about
"special cases".

Python's design values elegant solutions for groups of *practical*
problems observed in the wild, over hyper-generalized solutions to
problems designed in a laboratory.  That's what makes the language so
darn practical to use ;-)

</F>