[Python-3000] print() parameters in py3k

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Nov 20 02:04:05 CET 2006

On 11/19/06, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> > PEPs aren't only for difficult discussions. :-) They are also there
> > for reference and to record agreement. Referring to an email isn't
> > really a very good answer when someone asks (as happened here) "what
> > is the spec"?  A PEP may also discourage attempts to add more cruft,
> > and encourage someone with a few spare cycles to provide a patch so we
> > can put the whole thing behind it.
> >
> > BTW I forgot to mention that it shouldn't return anything.
> >
> > (So are you going to write that PEP? :-)
>
> It's in Subversion and numbered 3105, should be online with the next
> website update cycle.

The only thing I would prefer is instead of 'end' have 'newline' and have
that be a boolean since I don't see a need to support different line
endings.  I realize the difference between ``end=''`` and ``newline=False``
is minimal beyond more typing, but for some reason my head just keeps
telling me I prefer the latter for clarity reasons.

Otherwise +1 from me.

-Brett