[Python-3000] Abilities / Interfaces

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Nov 22 18:24:26 CET 2006

> At 07:53 PM 11/21/2006 -0800, Bill Janssen wrote:
> >I don't mind having both, but generic functions (interface-based
> >method dispatch) is really only one aspect of the issue.
>
> How so?

I think Guido answered this better than I could in
<ca471dc20611220753q5be31ce0sc2e36906a782d585 at mail.gmail.com>.

I seem to spend a lot of time inside functions looking over values and
figuring out what to do do with them, actions which don't involve
invoking further functions, but rather operating directly on those
values in different ways.  That's probably why the lack of
interface-based design in the Python fundamentals seems such a problem
to me (and not to others).

Bill