[Python-3000] Abilities / Interfaces

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 23 04:19:53 CET 2006

Steven Bethard wrote:
> So I would have expected something like:
>
>     str.lower[MyStringType] = MyStringType.lower
>     str.split[MyStringType] = MyStringType.split

But that would only work if everyone switched to
writing str.lower(s) everywhere instead of s.lower(),
etc. In other words, abolish method call notation
completely and use generic function calls instead.
I would say that *is* a radical proposal...

And it still wouldn't help SMTP.sendmail to tell
whether it was dealing with a string or a list
of strings.

--
Greg