[Python-3000] Abilities / Interfaces

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Nov 23 23:47:59 CET 2006

> Yes, and that's where it falls down, as far as I can
> see. It's not just that it's "not quite" automatic,
> it's almost completely *non*-automatic. Given that,
> I see little benefit in having a formal mechanism
> for it.

I don't see your point here.  Are you arguing that
pretty much every approach being discussed is bad and
we should instead implement something magically
transforming types?  I'm strongly -1 if that's the case.

All proposals so far do some kind of conditional jumping
only in specific entry points depending on features (class,
interface, ability, whatever) declared for the object.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net