[Python-3000] Reminder: Py3k PEPs due by April

Humberto Diogenes humberto at digi.com.br
Tue Apr 17 07:49:49 CEST 2007

On 10/04/2007, at 21:24, Greg Ewing wrote:

> Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>
>> Here's that I think might not need a PEP:
>>
>> * Eliminate implicit string concatenation:   "abc" "def"
>> in favor of an explicit + operation.
>
> -0.707. I've used languages where the only way of
> splitting a string over lines is to use concatenation,
> and it's tedious.
>
>> When there are multi-line concats, I think
>> the parenthesis serves us much better than a trailing \
>
> Which can be done perfectly well as things are:
>
>      ('hello        '
>       'world        ')

   Yes, but this causes subtle bugs when you forget a comma: what
should be the second parameter ends up in the first one. You run the
program with no syntax errors and later you'll find that e-mails are
being sent to 'me at domain.comHello!' or something like that.

As they say: just my 2 cents.
--
Humberto Diógenes