[Python-3000] Fixing super anyone?

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:48:00 CEST 2007

On 4/18/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> I'd rather see syntactic support for making a
> normal inherited method call without danger of
> using the wrong class, e.g. if you change a
> base class but forget to update inherited calls
> to match.

Could you give an example?  My first three readings of this were

(1)  Huh?
(2)  You mean, if the __bases__ are changed, super doesn't get
updated?  (It does, as I just verified.)
(3)  You mean, with an explicit call, such as B.meth1(self), you want
some sort of warning if class B changes the signature of meth1?
(Presumably at compile-time; an incompatible change will already be
caught at run-time.)

-jJ