[Python-3000] Fixing super anyone?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 23 00:47:08 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Michele Cella wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I really like this syntax:
>>
>> res = super currentmethod(arg, arg)
>>
>> Why? because it's very consistent (pythonic?) with the way I'm used to
>> use any other keyword.
>
> But it's inconsistent with the way every other method is called.

But we also don't have any keywords with methods "attached".  I don't
strongly favor Michele's approach, but it doesn't seem to me that there
are any strong arguments in favor of super.method().

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz