[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] PEP 30xx: Access to Module/Class/Function Currently Being Defined (this)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:34:54 CEST 2007

On 4/22/07, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:
> PEP: 30XX
> Title: Access to Module/Class/Function Currently Being Defined (this)
[snip]

> Abstract
>
>     It is common to need a reference to the current module, class,
>     or function, but there is currently no entirely correct way to
>     do this.  This PEP proposes adding the keywords __module__,
>     __class__, and __function__.

+1 on the general idea, if it can be implemented. ;-)

One thing that isn't clear...  You're saying "keywords". So that means
"__module__" would not be a normal attribute looked up on in the
globals or builtins, but instead would be associated with its own
op-code?

STeVe
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy