[Python-3000] Two proposals for a new list-like type: one modest, one radical

Mike Klaas mike.klaas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:42:02 CEST 2007

On 4/23/07, Daniel Stutzbach <daniel at stutzbachenterprises.com> wrote:

> So you can see the performance of the BList in more detail, I've made
> several performance graphs available at the following link:
>    http://stutzbachenterprises.com/blist/

Very cool.  These detailed timings are very useful.

Might it be possible to include variance bars?  A few of the graphs
show your data structure faster than the list even for small N, and it
would be great to see if it is meaningfully faster in these cases (if
so, perhaps there are optimization possibilities for the current list
data structure).

A quite glance at your results shows a few more cases where the blist
faces problems, such no longer using Timsort, and so suffering in
performance for sorted/reversed cases.  That would be painful to give
up in the built-in list implementation.

-Mike