[Python-3000] PEP 3123: Making PyObject_HEAD conform to standard C (Was: Dropping PyObject_HEAD)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 29 19:57:45 CEST 2007

> Are we going to have a preference over PyObject_HEAD or defining the
> struct field directly?

That is an open issue. PyObject_HEAD clearly is more
backwards-compatible. However (besides its current non-C-conformance),
I never liked it, because of the missing semicolon (I thought it
confuses Emacs, but can't reproduce the problem anymore, though -
perhaps it did confuse Emacs in the past?)

So I personally would phase it out for style reasons, but others
may think differently; if I hear opinions in either direction,
I'm happy to code them into the PEP.

Regards,
Martin