[Python-3000] More PEP 3101 changes incoming

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Aug 3 03:33:08 CEST 2007

Nicko van Someren wrote:
> 	   1000
> 	    200
> 	  (3000)
> 	     40
> 	 (50000)
> I.e. with the bulk of the padding applied before the number but
> conditional padding after the number if there is no closing bracket.

I think it should be the responsibility of the formatter
to add the extra space when needed. Then the aligner can
just do its usual thing with the result and doesn't have
to know anything about the format.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |