[Python-3000] release plans (was: More PEP 3101 changes incoming)

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:16:28 CEST 2007

On 8/10/07, Talin <talin at acm.org> wrote:

> One final thing I wanted to mention, which Guido reminded me, is that
> we're getting short on time. This PEP has not yet been officially
> accepted, and the reason is because of the lack of an implementation. I
> don't want to miss the boat. (The boat in this case being Alpha 1.)

Alpha 1 is a few *weeks* away.  The release will hopefully come
shortly after the sprint at Google which is Aug 22-25.
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleSprint

It's time to get stuff done!  There's still a ton of work to do:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py3kToDo

One thing not mentioned on the wiki is finding and removing all the
cruft in the code and docs that has been deprecated.  If you know of
any of these things, please add a note to the wiki.  Some common
strings to look for are:  deprecated, compatibility, b/w, backward,
and obsolete.