[Python-3000] Untested py3k regressions

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 04:40:40 CEST 2007

On 8/11/07, Collin Winter <collinw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've started a wiki page to catalog known regressions in the py3k
> branch that aren't covered by the test suite:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py3kRegressions.
>
> First up: dir() doesn't work on traceback objects (it now produces an
> empty list). A patch for this is up at http://python.org/sf/1772489.

I've moved the other documented regression (using PYTHONDUMPREFS env't
var) from the Py3kStrUniTests page to the new page.  I expect there
are a bunch of options that have problems, since those don't get great
testing.

I've also noticed that since io is now in Python, if you catch the
control-C just right, you can get strange error messages where the
code assumed an error meant something specific.  In my case, I typed
control-C while doing an execfile (before I removed it) and got two
different errors:  SyntaxError and some error related to BOM IIRC.