[Python-3000] More PEP 3101 changes incoming

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Aug 14 04:02:21 CEST 2007

Ron Adam wrote:

> The digits value are number of digits before the decimal.  This doesn't
> include the other symbols used in the field so it isn't the same as a field
> width.

How does this work with formats where the number of
digits before the decimal can vary, but before+after
is constant?

Also, my feeling about the whole of this is that
it's too complicated. It seems like you can have
at least three numbers in a format, and at first
glance it's quite confusing as to what they all
mean.

--
Greg