[Python-3000] More PEP 3101 changes incoming

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 14 15:34:20 CEST 2007

    Paul> If that's *more* readable, I'd hate to see what it's more readable
    Paul> *than*.

    Paul> I'd suggest that someone take a step back and think about how
    Paul> people will use these things in practice. I'd probably refuse to
    Paul> accept something like that in a code review without a comment. And
    Paul> I'd certainly swear if I had to deal with it in maintenance...

I'm with Paul.  When I first saw the examples of the proposed notation I
thought, "Exactly how is this better than the current printf-style format
strings?"  Since then I have basically ignored the discussion.  Before you
go too much farther I would suggest feeding the proposal to the
wolves^H^H^H^H^H^Hfolks on comp.lang.python to see what they think.

Skip