[Python-3000] PEP 3131: Identifier syntax

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 14 18:35:56 CEST 2007

I'm trying to finalize PEP 3131, and want to collect proposals on
modifications of the identifier syntax. I will ignore any proposals
that suggest that different versions of the syntax should be used
depending on various conditions; I'm only asking for modifications
to the current proposed syntax.

So far, I recall two specific suggestions which I have now
incorporated into the PEP: usage if NFKC instead of NFC, and
usage of XID_Start and XID_Continue instead of ID_Start and
ID_Continue (although I'm still uncertain on how precisely
these properties are defined).

What other changes should be implemented?

Regards,
Martin