[Python-3000] Adding __format__ to object

Eric Smith eric+python-dev at trueblade.com
Thu Aug 16 21:23:01 CEST 2007

> Are you sure that you have changed the correct array?

Yes, that was the issue.  I changed the wrong array.  I stupidly assumed
that it was one object per file, but of course there's no valid reason
to make that assumption.

I'm sure I don't have the most best version of this coded up, but that's
a problem for another day, and I'll ask for help on that when all of my
tests pass.

Thanks again for your (and others) help on this.  I now have
object.__format__ working, so I can finally get back to
unicode.__format__ and parsing format specifiers.

Eric.