[Python-3000] document processing tools conversion report

Paul Dubois pfdubois at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:06:40 CEST 2007

FYI: docutils will require some modification of at least the io module, to
the extent that the ideal mode of fixing the current sources so that a
subsequent pass of 2to3 will do the job, is probably not possible (but may
be outside of this one file). I've made a report to the docutils tracker to
that effect; will see what dialog ensues. There are things to handle images
etc. so I think fixing this is above my paygrade.

pygments converts ok but uses cPickle; changing to pickle is easy. Since
pygments uses docutils.io, it isn't possible to run it further.

sphinx converts ok, and can be imported.