[Python-3000] PEP 3101 implementation uploaded to the tracker.

Eric Smith eric+python-dev at trueblade.com
Fri Aug 24 05:57:04 CEST 2007

There are a handful of remaining issues, but it works for the most part.

http://bugs.python.org/issue1009

Thanks to Guido and Talin for all of their help the last few days, and
thanks to Patrick Maupin for help with the initial implementation.

Known issues:
Better error handling, per the PEP.

Need to write Formatter class.

test_long is failing, but I don't think it's my doing.

Need to fix this warning that I introduced when compiling
Python/formatter_unicode.c:
Objects/stringlib/unicodedefs.h:26: warning: `STRINGLIB_CMP' defined but
not used

Need more tests for sign handling for int and float.

It still supports "()" sign formatting from an earlier PEP version.

Eric.