[Python-3000] Removal of PyArg_Parse()

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 24 23:00:41 CEST 2007

I started in looking at removing PyArg_Parse.  The first module I tackled
was the time module.  That was harder than I thought it would be
(PyArg_Parse is only called from one place), in large part I think because
it can take a number of different types of arguments.  Is there some
recommended way of getting rid of it?  I think I can simply replace it with
PyArg_ParseTuple if the format string is enclosed in parens, but is there a
reasonably mechanical approach if the format string doesn't state that the
argument must be a tuple?

Thx,

Skip