[Python-3000] Python-3000 Digest, Vol 18, Issue 116

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Aug 28 09:18:13 CEST 2007

Talin wrote:
> I know that Greg Ewing was working on a "minimal" python GUI
> (http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/), but it hasn't
> been updated in over a year. And I'm not sure that a minimal toolkit is
> really all that useful.

Don't worry, I haven't given up! And I plan to support
text editing by wrapping the Cocoa and gtk text widgets.

My belief is that a Python GUI wrapper can be both
lightweight and featureful, provided there is native
support on the platform concerned for the desired features.
If there isn't such support, that's a weakness of the
platform, not of the pure-Python wrapper philosophy.

--
Greg