[Python-3000] buildbots

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 29 16:05:59 CEST 2007

> Do you know if it is possible to configure windows so that debug assertions do NOT
> display a message box (it is very convenient for interactive testing, but not so
> for automatic tests)?

You can use _set_error_mode(_OUT_TO_STDERR) to make assert() go to
stderr rather than to a message box. You can use
_CrtSetReportMode(_CRT_ASSERT /* or _CRT_WARN or CRT_ERROR */,
_CRTDBG_MODE_FILE) to make _ASSERT() go to a file; you need to
call _CrtSetReportFile( _CRT_ASSERT, _CRTDBG_FILE_STDERR ) in
addition to make the file stderr.

Not sure what window precisely you got, so I can't comment which
of these (if any) would have made the message go away.

Regards,
Martin