[Python-3000] py3k patches for Windows

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Aug 30 01:06:40 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see additional errors like "can't use str as char buffer". I suppose
> it is because of the recent stricter distinction between bytes and
> str.

Indeed. It typically means that something is using
PyObject_AsCharBuffer() instead of PyUnicode_AsStringAndSize(). Please
fix occurrences you find and upload patches.

It seems that any use of the 't#' format for PyArg_ParseTuple() also
triggers this error. I don't understand the code for that format; I've
been successful in the short term by changing these to 's#' but I
don't think that's the correct solution...