[Python-3000] Need Decimal.__format__

Talin talin at acm.org
Fri Aug 31 03:36:06 CEST 2007

I'm looking for a volunteer who understands the Decimal class well
enough to write a __format__ method for it. It should handle all of the
same format specifiers as float.__format__, but it should not use the
same implementation as float (so as to preserve accuracy.)

Also, I'm interested in suggestions as to any other standard types that
ought to have a __format__ method, other than the obvious Date/Time
classes. What kinds of things do people usually want to print?

-- Talin