[Python-3000] Py3k code freeze imminent; 3.0a2 release Friday

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Dec 6 05:43:10 CET 2007

I've built and tested the latest py3k from scratch on Ubuntu, Fedora
7, OSX 10.4 and OSX 10.5, and found no issues.

So the code freeze is a fact. Don't check anything into the py3k
branch unless I tell you to. Please file high-priority bugs and assign
them to me if you think you've found a showstopper.

The buildbot is green for Solaris also, so I think we're in good
shape. I don't see any green buildbots for Windows though, but Windows
is always a flakey situation; Christian, what's your assessment?

I see a few tests leaking; in particular test_ssl (1522 refs leaned
per run!) and test_urllib2_localnet (3 per run). Anyone interested in
researching these feel free to do so; just upload a patch and file a
bug if you've squashed the leaks (or some).

We're on for a 3.0a2 release Friday!

--Guido