[Python-3000] PEP 3108 - recommendations for PyPI transition

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Dec 6 14:37:30 CET 2007

I won't argue that getopt should be left in for Python 3, however it is
still widely used.  I generally use it for simple tasks.  (My brain must
have a getopt usage template in there somewhere.  I still find it much
easier to whip out getopt usage.  I always have to consult the optparse
docs.)  It should probably at least go on PyPI.

Likewise, I suspect bsddb185 will still have some occasional uses, at least
on BSD Unix variants.  On my Mac /etc/pwd.db and /etc/mail/*.db are 1.85
hash files.  Maybe also a candidate for PyPI.

Should the PEP acknowledge this route to module sainthood for certain
modules?

Skip