[Python-3000] Py3k code freeze imminent; 3.0a2 release Friday

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Dec 6 15:58:35 CET 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I see a few tests leaking; in particular test_ssl (1522 refs leaned
> per run!) and test_urllib2_localnet (3 per run). Anyone interested in
> researching these feel free to do so; just upload a patch and file a
> bug if you've squashed the leaks (or some).

I see the reference leaks, too. I didn't notice the ssl leaks before
because I usually don't run the refleak test with -unetwork or -uall.

./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -R1:2 -unetwork test_ssl

I've started to work on a patch that adds GC support to Modules/_ssl.c
PySSLObject but I don't have time to finish it until tonight.
http://bugs.python.org/issue1469

Christian