[Python-3000] How to override io.BytesIO and io.StringIO with their optimized C version?

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Fri Dec 28 08:06:51 CET 2007

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2007 2:40 PM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
>> Alexandre Vassalotti wrote:
>>> Well, I been working on branches since the beginning. Although, I now
>>> use Mercurial (which is lovely IMHO) to keep my changes (url:
>>> http://peadrop.com/alex-py3k/).
>> Someday I need to play with Hg. It looks interesting and I've heard only
>> good about it.
>>

> It is nice.  Once Mercurial hits version 1.0 I am going to look at
> whether it is reasonable to move Python to hg or bzr to make it easier
> for people to do development on their own machines with local checkins
> instead of forcing people who can't create a branch to create their
> own VCS solution when doing offline work.

Why wait until 1.0? Hg is mature and used by a number of major projects.

BTW, there's a copy of Python's trunk converted to bzr on Launchpad:
<https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/python/trunk>
(that's the web page, not the branch itself)

I don't know of any conversions to hg. I half want to do it myself, but
I'm afraid to try to download so much from svn.python.org. :-P