[Python-3000] not switching core VCS (was How to override io.BytesIO and io.StringIO with their optimized C version?)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Dec 29 02:24:38 CET 2007

> We'll leave the timing up to Brett and the infrastructure committee,
> but IMO, there's no overriding reason to wait.

*That* is the major overriding reason: lack of volunteers. Any kind
of infrastructure work is massively short of volunteers, and that's
why any talk about switching will just pass with no effect. Of course,
volunteering to work on a change that in itself might be disputed also
is a time-consuming activity, so it's no surprise that nobody
volunteers.

Regards,
Martin