[Python-3000] Poll: Lazy Unicode Strings For Py3k

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Feb 1 04:02:20 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007, Larry Hastings wrote:

> I'd like to start a (hopefully final) round of discussion on the "lazy
> strings" series of patches.  What follows is a summary on the current
> state of the patches, followed by five poll questions.

While I don't have an opinion about the patch itself, I do have an
opinion about other people's opinions.  ;-)  That is, my opinion is that
unless you get a +1 from at least one of Fredrik, MvL, or MAL (and no -1
from any of them), this patch should be abandoned.  (The exact set of
developers doesn't matter, though you should be focused on people with
commits in unicodeobject.c, and I'd recommend that Fredrik or MvL be on
that list regardless.)

"I disrespectfully agree."  --SJM