[Python-3000] Pre-PEP: Simple input built-in in Python 3000

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:58:11 CET 2007

> Why do you want this *before* PyCon? It would be much easier to do
> this as part of the Py3k sprint.

My main interest was to have, prior to Pycon, the PEP recorded as
such; it had been close to 2 months since the last post on this issue
on the list.

As for the actual work, if no regular developer is interested, I'd be
willing to volunteer to write the required code (with test cases) that
could be use to do the conversion
input(...)  ->  eval(input(...))
raw_input(...)  ->  input(...)

Unfortunately, I will not be participating in any sprints.

André