[Python-3000] Status of True, False, bool type

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Mon Jan 1 21:00:24 CET 2007

"Mike Orr" <sluggoster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh?  'True == 1' is a "feature"?  '16 + (0 == 0)' being illegal is a
> "Javaism"?  Would somebody care to explain this?  It's acceptable that
> 2 is true but not True?  Why do we need 1 for True at all if we have
> True?

    >>> 1 is not True
    True
    >>> 1 == True
    True
    >>> isinstance(True, int)
    True

If you are suggesting that we change this behavior, stop, it is not
going to happen. If you are asking why this is the case, I would imagine,
is based in C/C++/many other sane and insane languages' handling of
boolean true.

 - Josiah