[Python-3000] PEP 3108: Standard Library Reorganization

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jan 5 23:26:42 CET 2007

Brett Cannon wrote:
> As part of my New Years resolution to get all of my current and planned PEPs
> actually written, accepted, and implemented for 2007, here is the stdlib
> reorg PEP.  I have already checked it into svn but I have inlined it below
> for comments.

There's a document on the python.org Wiki which goes into some of the same
areas as those addressed in the PEP, although things like hierarchy
reorganisation are presumably beyond what is desired for Python 3.0. See here
for more:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas/StandardLibrary/RestructuredStandardLibrary

Paul