[Python-3000] Pre-peps on raise and except changes

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 22:25:22 CET 2007

On 1/23/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> I just realized I misread your paragraph and took E to represent an
> exception class, not a nebulous object that could be an exception
> class or instance.

That's what I figured. Is it clearer if E is changed to EXCEPTION?

"""
2. ``raise EXCEPTION`` is used to raise a new exception. This form has
   two sub-variants: ``EXCEPTION`` may be either an instance of
   ``BaseException`` or a subclass of ``BaseException`` [#pep352]_.
   If ``EXCEPTION`` is a subclass, it will be called with no arguments
   to obtain an exception instance.
"""

Thanks,
Collin Winter