[Python-3000] Announcing PEP 3136

John S. Yates, Jr. john at yates-sheets.org
Wed Jul 4 15:41:48 CEST 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

>Do you consider this  to be for or against the PEP?
>Rereading it....
>
>At least half Knuth's goto examples are covered
>by Python's single level restricted gotos:

In all honesty I did not reread the paper.  I posted
based on the recollection that it was the basis for
my feeling no compunction about using reviled gotos
in my C / C++ code to effect multi-level exists and
continuations.  When called to task by my peers I
invoke Knuth's name.

Let's chalk it up to the fallibility of memory over
a span of more than 30 years.  Thank's for keeping me
honest.  I am printing out the paper.  Rereading it
should help me recall the state of programming when
I was first starting out.

/john