[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:00 CEST 2007

On 6/10/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> >  * Or I copy and paste code from the Python Cookbook, a blog, etc.

> You copy code from the Python Cookbook and don't notice that it
> contains Chinese characters in identifiers???

Chinese in particular you would recognize as "not what I expected".
Cyrillic you might not recognize, because it looks like ASCII letters.
 Prime (or tone) marks, you might not recognize, because they look
like ASCII quote marks.

If you're retyping, I'm not sure how much problem this would cause in
practice.  I wouldn't want to ban those letters entirely, but I would
like some indication that I should expect characters in the Cyrillic
range.

-jJ