[Python-3000] setup.py fails in the py3k-struni branch

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Tue Jun 19 12:04:27 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Thanks for the patches!  Applied, except for the change to
> tokenize.py; instead, I changed test_tokenize.py to use io.StringIO.
>
> --Guido

Glad to have the opportunity to help make the future happen. ;-)

This next one converts unicode literals in tokenize.py and it's tests to
byte literals.  I've also fixed some more unicode literals in a few other
places I found.

By doing this first it will make the no raw escape patches not include any
thing else.

Cheers,
    Ron

M      Lib/tokenize.py
M      Lib/test/tokenize_tests.txt
M      Lib/test/output/test_tokenize
- Removed unicode literals from test results and tokenize.py.  And make it
pass again.

M      Lib/test/output/test_pep277
- Removed unicode literals from test results.  This is a windows only test,
so I can't test it.

M      Lib/test/test_codeccallbacks.py
M      Objects/exceptions.c
- Remove unicode literals from test_codeccallbacks.py and removed unicode
litteral quoting from exceptions.c to make it pass again.

M      Lib/test/test_codecs.py
M      Lib/test/test_doctest.py
M      Lib/test/re_tests.py
- Removed some literals from comments.