[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Python 3000 Status Update (Long!)

Eric V. Smith eric+python-dev at trueblade.com
Tue Jun 19 19:55:07 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I've written up a comprehensive status report on Python 3000. Please read:
>
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=208549

I think this sentence:

"Python 2.6 will contain backported versions of many Py3k features,
either enabled through __future__ statements or simply by allowing old
and new syntax to be used side-by-side (if the new syntax would be a
syntax error in 2.x)."

Should end with "syntax error in 2.5", not "syntax error in 2.x".  Or,
state that x <= 5, in this sentence only.  But I think we really mean
exactly 2.5.

Eric.