[Python-3000] Python 3000 Status Update (Long!)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Jun 19 20:02:32 CEST 2007

And, while I'm at it, why isn't there a built-in function called
"output()", which matches "input()", that is, it's equivalent to

     import sys
     sys.stdout.write(MESSAGE)

It could be easily implemented in terms of the built-in function
called "print".  The fact that it's not there is going to confuse
the heck out of the same audience "input" was designed for.

I realize that there are good individual reasons for each of these
point decisions; my fear is that by making them individually, we make
the task of keeping Python in one's head unacceptably complex.

Bill