[Python-3000] Python 3000 Status Update (Long!)

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Jun 20 17:13:00 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Strings are explicitly disallowed (because Guido doesn't want a second
> way to spell ''.join(seq), as far as I know):

More importantly, because it has positively abysmal performance, just like
the reduce() solution (and, in fact, many reduce solutions to problems
better solved otherwise :-) Like the old input(), backticks and allowing the
mixing of tabs and spaces, while it has uses, the ease and frequency with
which it is misused outweigh the utility enough that it should not be in
such a prominent place.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!