[Python-3000] On PEP 3116: new I/O base classes

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Jun 21 04:00:57 CEST 2007

> I'm not sure I 100% understand what you mean by "normalization policy"
> (Q).  Could you give an example?

I was speaking of the 4 different normalization forms for Unicode,
which can produce different code-point sequences.  Since "strings" in
Python-3000 aren't really strings, but instead are immutable
code-point sequences, this means that any byte-to-string
transformation which doesn't specify this can produce different
strings from the same bytes without violating its constraints.

Bill