[Python-3000] generics [was: Discussions with no PEPs]

Tony Lownds tony at PageDNA.com
Fri Mar 9 22:15:24 CET 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Talin wrote:
> 2) Backport the argument annotations patch to the 2.X series and
> get it
> out to the public as quickly as possible. (According to the
> conversation
> I had with Guido, this should be relatively easy since the annotations
> patch was one of the first patches to diverge between 2.X and 3.0).

Do you think that there will be support for this? Annotations seem
like a
big new feature for Python, more suited to Python 3.X.

With tuple parameters removed, there would still be divergence in 2.X.

By the way, I would like to work on either removing tuple parameters
in 3.0
or fixing the assertion failure currently in CVS.

-Tony