[Python-3000] PEP for Metaclasses in Python 3000

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:57:54 CET 2007

> > > I find this rather cool looking:
> > >
> > >   class C(implements=(I1, I2)): ...
>
> Me too. :-)

But... What does it do? PEP says:

In the new model, the syntax for specifying a metaclass is via a
keyword argument in the list of base classes:

      class Foo(base1, base2, metaclass=mymeta):

Additional keywords will also be allowed here, and will be passed to
the metaclass, as in the following example:

      class Foo(base1, base2, metaclass=mymeta, private=True):

Who is the receiver of the implements keyword argument in your
example? Should it not be class class C(metaclass = SomethingHere,
implements = (I1, I2))?

--
mvh Björn