[Python-3000] Octal

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:07:34 CET 2007

Sure.  I'll do that tonight or tomorrow.

It would be great to get my feet wet on the process on a relatively
simple PEP.  One other question, first though -- not that I want to
open a huge can of worms or anything, but if we are trying to make
things nice and consistent, how about:

    x = int("0x500")

I know I can do int("500", 16) (and I think we want to keep that for
sure), but for the cases of binary, octal, and hexadecimal which we
have decided are special and useful, should the standard integer
constructor also take these strings?

Thanks,
Pat