[Python-3000] Question about PEP 3001 and fixing API flaws

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 21 20:43:07 CET 2007

"BJörn Lindqvist" <bjourne at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:740c3aec0703211154u5f151dcel817b4f2e253d9d99 at mail.gmail.com...
| No comments at all. :( Did I send the mail to the wrong list?

No, perhaps everyone did as I did, and assumed someone else would answer
;-)

| Either or, I still would like to know what the py3k rules are for
| repairing broken API:s.

I don't remember there being much discussion of this yet.  I believe there
is agreement to change names of modules to comform with PEP 8, but I
suspect this a easier to accomodate in the autofixer than names within
modules.

My personal position, at least for threading and telnet, would be change
away, since I have never used either and would not be affected.  But I know
others are in the opposite position, so I would not give mine much weight.

It also seems to me that module fixups might better wait until the kernal
and fixup code are more stable.

Terry Jan Reedy