[Python-3000] PEP Parade

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue May 1 21:14:47 CEST 2007

Suppose you couldn't assign to __class__ of a function (that's too
messy to deal with in CPython) and you couldn't assign to its __code__
either. What proposed functionality would you lose? How would you
ideally implement that functionality if you had the ability to modify
CPython in other ways? (I'm guessing you'd want to add some
functionality to function objects; what would that functionality have
to do?)

--Guido