[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] updated PEP3125, Remove Backslash Continuation

Neville Grech Neville Grech nevillegrech at gmail.com
Fri May 4 22:51:19 CEST 2007

This PEP is much more reasonable.

Should ``\``-continuation be removed even inside strings? -1

 Backslash continuation in strings is used a lot.. especially in strings
that must not start with a newline but are written in the following format
for clarity:
'''\
  first line
  second line\
'''

Should the continuation markers be expanced from just ([{}]) to include
lines ending with an operator?

-1

I think that the following is much more clear:

a=(3 +
     2 +
     4)
f(x)