[Python-3000] Revised PEP 3119 (Abstract Base Classes)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:01:34 CEST 2007

> I'm not sure what language you would specifically like to see added to
> the PEP. "Recommendation for 3rd party frameworks: please don't use
> the stick approach." sounds a little strange. What's the point you're
> trying to get across?

Something like:

As a style issue, 3rd party code which wishes to use ABCs should
follow the lead of the core and standard library, and be written in
such a way as to allow, but not require, the use of ABCs.

But as I said, I'm coming to the view that worrying about such things
is FUD. So I'm happy enough to relegate this sort of thing to possible
a PEP 8 amendment if such an issue really does become a problem.

Paul.